Cracked Tooth Repair Newport Beach
Perhaps you were chewing on hard candy, the victim of an unfortunate accident or maybe you grind your teeth at night. Whatever the cause, when you have a cracked tooth, Dr. Haroonian can help!
Cracked or damaged teeth are not that uncommon and can often be easily repaired. Your dental treatment will be determined based on the type of fracture you have in your tooth, such as …
- A Cracked Tooth – extending from the top of your tooth, all the way to the root of your tooth.
- A Split Tooth – is a crack in which the fractured pieces of your tooth can be split apart.
- Craze Lines – tiny fractures that only affect the outer enamel of your tooth.
- Vertical Tooth Fracture – a crack that begins at the root and works its way up to the chewing surface of your tooth.
- Fractured Cusp – a fractured cusp that occurs when a portion of your tooth’s chewing surface chips away.
Repairs to Damaged Teeth
Depending on the nature of your damaged tooth, Dr. Haroonian may recommend one of several options. For simple fractures or chips, dental bonding or porcelain veneers may be the best, conservative option to hide any tooth defects and restore your pearly whites.
In some cases of extensive tooth damage, the only way to save the healthy tooth is by placing a dental crown and potentially including root canal therapy. If your tooth fracture extends into the pulp, it’s likely that a root canal will be necessary. After (or perhaps instead of) your root canal, a dental crown will be placed over your remaining tooth, to protect it and restore the function, feel and appearance of your smile.
Do you have a cracked tooth? Contact our office today for the same day appointment.